The difference between our new fabric throws and our old fabric throws
2. The 2nd main reason is because these woven type of throws are made in China. I try my best to avoid having anything manufactured in China, BUT they are the only manufacturers with that type of jacquard machine to make them. I was incredibly happy to find a throw that I love for many many reasons that are made ethnically in India.
- Woven individual yarn - this means that block coloured yarns like red, black and yellow ect are woven together strategically to make the overall pattern. This is noticeable in the design when seen up close.
- Multicoloured tassels - because of the yarn woven style the tassels come out multicoloured. I do have the option of having these cut off and a block colour sewn on instead but I was very very limited with the colour option I could actually get made (not a very accommodating manufacturer unfortunately)
- Material feels quick thick - this could be a good or bad thing depending if you like thick or thinner throws.
- Fabric is a cotton / poly blend
- Woven on a jacquard machine
- Comes in 2 sizes 130cm x 180cm (small) and 160cm x 200cm (large)
- MADE IN CHINA
- Handloom woven base fabric - this fabric has been made on a loom by hand
- The designs have been digital printed onto the handloom fabric, making them clear and crisp prints with a lot more intricate detailing in the designs coming out onto the throw
- Tassels are sewn on in final production on each corner, I can colour match these tassels to a certain colour in the throw (YAY)
- Because the throws are digital printed, I have 100% colour control over the throw, meaning I can colour match to the 1000’s of Pantone colours, letting me design what I think is pretty coloured throws (this was the biggest yay factor for me!)
- The fabric is much much softer, it has a beautiful feel to it, using it as throw over you, to me it feels much nicer & softer against your skin.
- Made in INDIA
- Fabric is 100% cotton (an even bigger plus
- Comes in one size at the moment 140cm x 180cm